"I HAVE A DREAM"


Martin Luther King, Jr., gave a famous speech called ''I Have A Dream.'' We have all heard those powerful words and his soul stirring, passionate delivery that is timeless in its ability to inspire. In fact, no matter how often I hear that speech,
I always get goose bumps because of the power that emanates from it. But as I listened I started to realize the pure importance of these four words: I-Have-a-Dream, I-Have-a-Dream.
 

He didn't say ''I had a dream,'' but rather ''I have a dream.'' Why? Because to be great your dream must be ongoing. To say ''I had a dream'' implies that the dream has come and gone. But to have a dream means that it is ongoing, it is continuous. Do you have a dream? Is there a dream burning in your mind and spirit that consumes you and drives you to pursue it, and to eventually achieve it? I also noticed Dr. King did not say, ''I have a wish.'' Why? Because wishes have no substance and are usually unattainable—like those who say ''I wish I could live my life over again,'' or ''I wish I were a child again.''
 

Most of us have thrown pennies into a wishing well or wished upon a star and never really expected those wishes to come true. They were just our fantasies. But a dream has substance. We dream of losing weight or buying a home or one day becoming the President of Nigeria. Dreams can, and do, come true! Don't be confused between a wish and a dream. Remember some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen! Dream big dreams. Think big thoughts and make it happen! Dreams are the seed for success. To make your dreams come true you must move on them, take action on them, pursue them, go after them; otherwise they are simply pipe dreams or wishes, which have no substance. A dream mixed with confidence, determination, persistence, strong desire, and action cannot be denied!"

Ebuka Ewuzie
-------------------------------------------------------
"Everyday is an opportunity for a whole NEW beginning. What's that one thing you can do differently today to create positive change in your life? Think & ACT NOW"

Have you visited Stone Origin's blog today?
A platform to tackle youth related social issues.
Visit: www.stoneorigin.blogspot.com
TWITTER: @stoneorigin
PHONE NUMBER: 08086134637
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/stoneoriginnetwork

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment