'The few minutes of pleasure were definitely not worth a lifetime of guilt.

A young girl shares her story and her regret.

Last year, I had a Christian boyfriend who meant the world to me. When we broke up, I was miserable. But what was worse than losing my boyfriend was the horrible realisation that a big part of me went with him. We had been sexually active. I was left with shame, guilt and a broken heart.


I felt that because of my sin, nobody could ever love me again.

I still can't get through a day without thinking about the things we did and feeling horrible about them. Even though I know God has forgiven me, I'm still struggling to forgive myself. I won't forget the pain for a long time. The few minutes of pleasure were definitely not worth a lifetime of guilt.

I wish somehow I had been aware of the consequences of my actions before I let my hormones take over. Because sex is glamorised in our society, I ignored the teachings of the Bible. As a result, I caused grief to myself and God. I want to tell other teenagers it's just not worth it. Pregnancy and STDs aren't the only risks. I'm left longing for real love, but I fear I'll never find it. I'm writing in hope that others won't make the same mistake I did. I got a lot more than I bargained for.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment