CHARACTER: The Making Of An Excellent Lady.


Becky was an undergraduate in a room of about six ladies, and was known as someone who nagged. You dare not talk of laying on her bed. Everyone in the room left her to herself, because she would always have something to complain about whenever she came in.
Who sat on my bed or who used my bucket? To crown it all, she was very dirty.
One fateful saturday was Becky's birthday. Everybody in the room planned to wait because she planed to celebrate it in her room. She would definitely invite her fiance, they said to one another. At 6:00pm her fiance was around as expected. Everybody ate and drank. The MC asked one of the room mates to say something about the celebrant. One room mate stood up to open becky's profile to the room, she started by her dirty attitude to her intolerance. The fiance could not withstand this and he left and that was the end of the relationship.
CHARACTER!!!!!
Everybody has the character he portrays, either good or bad. Everyone is known for one thing or the other. Character can also be known as attitude, the combination of traits and qualities distinguishes the individual nature of a person. It can either make you or mar you.
Charisma can take you to the top but its your character that will sustain you there. Your charisma, beauty, talent ot gift can. Get you a good relationship. but your character is what will sustain you in that relationship. Your brilliance can get you a good job, but its your character that sustains you there.
I would like to talk about your character at home, at work, in school, to your spouce and to people around you. Some ladies character at home is nothing to write home about. Their siblings cannoto just stand them, their mums will complain and their daddy has to advice them so many times. Whenever they are at home, their siblings can no longer move freely. They nag at everyone: "who took my things?" Is alwys the chorus in my mouth, and their things are for me, myself and I". You dare not wear their slippers, or enter their room without permission. They would begin to shout. Likewise, some ladies attitude in school is so bad, to the extent that nobody wants to be in the same group with them. Some are so saucy, talk to people anyhow, lack manners, and can inslt anybody, either male or female, classmate, classrep. They would always complain, rather than contribute to group assignments. In their rooms, they are known as miss possessive. They nag about "my bed, my space, my towel, my bathing bowl, my broom, my biro, my bucket, my socket". You dare not sleep on their bed if you don't want to see hell that day. What a terrible character. The spouse of that lady that lacks character would always be sad because of the way she addressed him in public. It is only her words that counts in the relationship. She has no respect for her spouse. Ladies, for the fact that a man comes to propose to you, does not make him to loose his respect, but is even a privilege on your own part, because many ladies are looking for that opportunity in vain. Even if you're not going to accept his request, that should not stop you from respecting him.
Your attitude to people around you matters, because you never can tell who will help you. I wanted to interview a lady in my church one sunday. I just liked her from afar. She was a doctor and I wanted to interview her. I went to her after the service, with smile on my face and said "Good afternoon". The way she responded immediately made me feel insecure. I said, please, can I see you for some minutes?. She sternly said, for what? Because I don't have time? But if you can wait. " Then she left without waiting to hear if I would like to wait or not. I felt terribly bad and my love for her was punctured that afternoon.
Ladies, no matter how great, influential, beautiful and charismatic you may be, please, your character matters. Your attitude is what will sustain you at the top. I release the grace for a good temperament unto you in Jesus name.

Pillars: Quarterly publication of great women gathering.



No comments:

Post a Comment